The biblical creation is central to the message of salvation found in the Bible and the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The purpose of the International Conference on the Bible and Science: Affirming Creation was to bring together Adventist educators to explore the creation through both Bible study and study of the creation itself. Ultimately, it was hoped that participants would leave better equipped and inspired to teach about the creation in an informed, responsible and faith-affirming way. Held primarily in St. George, Utah, this conference featured Christian speakers and invitees from the global community of faith in the Creator God as revealed in the Bible.
At the end of the International Conference on the Bible and Science: Affirming Creation, a statement was voted by the teachers, scientists, theologians and administrators who made up the attendees. This statement presents the position of those who voted it and makes specific recommendations to those working in the educational system of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Download the statement using the following link:
For more information about videos shown on the bus, visit the following links:
- Illustra Media (the best place to purchase these videos is: www.go2rpi.com)
- Darwin: The voyage that shook the world
- The videos about geology featuring Loma Linda University scientists will soon be available
Materials from Presenters:
The files linked below were kindly provided by presenters at the International Conference on the Bible and Science: Affirming Creation. Providing access to them from this webpage does not constitute endorsement by the Faith and Science Council or Seventh-day Adventist Church. These are the personal thoughts of those who made the presentations at the conference and who were gracious enough to share them.
Important Legal Notice: All materials provided by presenters that are linked to from this site remain the property of the conference presenter who provided them. They are made available solely for the private use of those who download them. They may not be redistributed in any form or via any media without the express written permission of the person who supplied them to the conference organizers. By clicking on any of the links below, you are acknowledging reading and agreeing to these terms.
- John Baumgardner - The Genesis Flood: Key to a Correct Understanding of the Earth’s Physical Past - Presentation PDF - Paper MSWord
- Lisa Beardsley-Hardy - Academic freedom, Faculty Selection and Development
- Richard M. Davidson -Why I believe the Bible - PowerPoint
- Richard M. Davidson -Biblical Principles for Interpreting Scripture I - PowerPoint
- Richard M. Davidson - Biblical Principles for Interpreting Scripture II - Supplemental Reading
- Richard M. Davidson - Non-biblical Hermeneutics I - PowerPoint - MS Word
- Richard M. Davidson - Non-Biblical Hermeneutics II - PowerPoint - MS Word
- Richard M. Davidson and Leonard Brand – Choose You This Day – For a more complete understanding, see the book Choose You This Day
- Jim Gibson - What is Real About Evolution?
- Jim Gibson - The Creator of Nature and the Nature of the Creator
- Paul Giem - Carbon-14 in Fossil Carbon - Presentation PPT - Paper MSWord
- Michael Ryan – Sermon: Blessed Is That Teacher
- Arthur Schwarz - The Dilemma of an Adventist Environmentalist: Is this World My Home or Not?
- Ed Zinke - The Authority of the Bible in the History of Theology to the Reformation
- Ed Zinke - The Authority of the Bible in the History of Theology from the Reformation to Present
- Ed Zinke - Devotional: Principles for Biblical Thought
- Ed Zinke - Doctrine of Creation and Personal Relationship with God - PowerPoint